The Accounting Specialist role will support the daily operations of the Accounting Department including accounts payable, accounts receivable, account reconciliations and financial reporting.
Accounting Specialist Job Duties:
- Perform day-to-day Accounts Payable Processing of accounts payable invoices by accurately coding per company budget and guidelines
- Research and resolve any outstanding balances on accounts
- Coordinate with managers throughout payables workflow; the approval of invoices submittal of funding requests and process timely payment of invoices
- Maintain W-9 and current certificates of insurance for all vendors
- Posting of recurring monthly rent charges, monthly late fees as well as misc. charges throughout the month.
- Prepare inter-company billings & transactions and reconcile same
- Daily posting of payments to Tenant Ledgers
- Work closely with managers to assist in their collection efforts by reconciling tenant ledgers, distributing weekly aged delinquency reports and monthly statements.
- Bank Reconciliations and other reporting needs
- Ensures that all deadlines are met in accordance with the closing dates set by management
- Maintains prompt and regular attendance.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- This list of responsibilities may not be all-inclusive and can be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as needed
Accounting Specialist Skills and Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent and 2 years of advanced accounting or bookkeeping work experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties.
- Requires proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel and Word and record-keeping and bookkeeping principles.
- Emphasis on attention to detail, analytical problem-solving ability and accurate data entry skills.
- Must possess superior verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills needed to develop and maintain strong working relationships with those inside and outside the organization.
- Able to be effective independently and work as part of a team.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well under pressure and within short deadlines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of any or all: MRIX, Yardi, Timberline, Avid and OnBase a plus.
|Job Category||Integrated Services, Operations & Staff, Treasury Services|
|Benefits||Medical after 30 days, 15 annual PTO days|
|Medical||after 30 days|