Assistant Property Manager
Lee Management Services is looking to add an Assistant Property Manager to our growing team of professionals.
In 2019, Lee & Associates had $15+ Billion in transaction volume, a 176% increase over the past five years. With over 1,300 professionals in more than 65 offices, Lee & Associates is the largest broker owned firm in North America.
Since 1979, Lee & Associates has reimagined the way that commercial real estate companies should be structured. Each Lee & Associates office is owned and operated by its professionals. As shareholders of the company, this separates us from our competition and creates one common goal; to provide seamless, consistent execution and value-driven market-to-market services to our clients.
To ensure that our clients always receive the highest level of expertise and service, we believe that continued education and training are key. In addition to our annual Lee Summit conference, each year we host both online and small group training sessions focusing on continued education for our brokerage, integrated services, marketing, IT, and administrative professionals. Lee & Associates is home to the 5th largest number of Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR) members in the world and is ranked in the top 10 Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designee companies in North America.
This position is being published in an effort to fill an opening. We are continuously building our nationally-recognized organization with a first-class team, and appreciate your interest in Lee & Associates.
We are seeking an experienced Assistant Property Manager to manage an industrial portfolio located primarily in Northwest Houston around Beltway 8.
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of two years’ experience as an Assistant Property Manager. Management responsibilities are day-to-day property management functions, including but not limited to the following: tenant relations, property maintenance, property appearance and condition, contract and vendor management, limited accounts receivable, and support for leasing activities. To fit into the company and team culture the following work style habits are needed: customer service centric, excellent communications skills, self-starter, work independently and effective time management skills. Proficiency in accrual accounting, Kardin, Yardi and Excel are a plus.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the portfolio of industrial properties
- Serve as main point of contact for Customer Service and deliver excellent customer service for tenants, vendors, and colleagues
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and third-party management contacts
- Provide clear and effective communications concerning all operational aspects of the property to tenants, vendors and property management team
- Initiate efforts to achieve approved goals and objectives on timely basis within approved budget parameters
- Assist Senior Property Manager with coding accounts payable, property budgets, forecasting and review of financials
- Help establish and assure compliance with company policies, governing codes, regulations and expense guidelines
- Establish and maintain tenant lease files. Manage compliance reporting in Yardi (tenant visits, property inspections,
- Supervise tenant move-ins and move-outs utilizing move in/move out checklists, inspection app, and required paperwork
- Assist with acquisitions and disposition of properties
- Assist with the oversight of CAPEX projects
- Administer leases to ensure compliance with all terms and conditions
- Review rent rolls and notify Lease Administrator with any changes
- Perform regular property inspections and walk the property with contractors as needed, complete semi-annual and annual property inspections
- Perform and oversee AR functions
- Prior work experience as a commercial Assistant Property Management or Property Manager (industrial, retail, and/or office)
- Associates or bachelor’s degree is a preferred.
- RPA or CPM candidacy or certification is a plus
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills to develop solutions and recommendations
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as contracts, safety rules, procedure manuals, operating and maintenance instructions
- Command of math skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Experience processing AR and AP
- Working knowledge of Yardi
- Experience with Kardin is a plus
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to lead projects and follow through to ensure completion
- Ability to be highly organized with an attention to detail
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Suite computer skills to include: Outlook, Word and Excel (developing formulas, developing spreadsheets, linking spreadsheets, etc.)
- Ability to develop, review, execute and oversee work orders
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Ability to travel via car up to 15% of the time
Compensation is excellent with a base salary and performance discretionary bonus. A comprehensive benefits package includes paid time off, 401(k) eligibility, paid medical, life insurance and disability benefits. Voluntary dental and vision available.
Interested and qualified candidates, please send your resume in PDF format with history listed under each position, to Lizette Negrin via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Job Category||Facilities Management, Integrated Services|