Building Maintenance Technician
This position requires a building technician to travel to multiple properties throughout the region using the company maintenance vehicle. Clean DMV report required. This position will cover multiple property types (office, retail, flex space, and light warehouse).The position works with the property management teams on routine maintenance projects. The Building Maintenance Technician utilizes skills to perform preventative maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, building equipment and grounds. Working under limited supervision, the role monitors building system operations and performance, and directs vendors and subcontractors when needed. The Building Maintenance Technician utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical, roofing, and HVAC.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Review, track, and close out property work orders. Estimate time and materials needed to complete repairs. Maintain inventory of adequate supplies, materials and tools, and order, as necessary, to complete all tasks.
• Perform assigned repairs, preventative maintenance, and emergency maintenance. Complete maintenance and repair records as required.
• Inspect property exterior to ensure positive curb appeal. Pick up trash in dumpster enclosures, parking lots, flower/shrub beds, lawns, stairwells, and any other place it may accumulate.
• Maintain the building lighting systems, including element and ballast repairs or replacements. Or, if qualified, direct the activities or vendors to do same.
• Respond quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed. After hours on call required on a rotating basis.
• Perform various maintenance assignments: Roof inspections, Fire/Life safety system inspections, Ceiling tile repairs/replacements, Minor plumbing work (toilets, urinals, sinks, etc.), Minor HVAC repairs (including filters, belts, diagnostics), and other projects/assignments throughout the properties.
• Lead property maintenance operations and provide guidance for vendors and sub-
contractors. Oversee and inspect the work performed by HVAC, plumbing and electrical contractors.
• Perform monthly elevator fire recall tests.
• Consult with property management teams to schedule preventative maintenance and other downtime projects.
|Job Category||Facilities Management, Integrated Services, Property Management|