Lee Management Services is looking to add an Property Accountant to our growing team of professionals.
In 2019, Lee & Associates had $15+ Billion in transaction volume, a 176% increase over the past five years. With over 1,300 professionals in more than 65 offices, Lee & Associates is the largest broker owned firm in North America.
Since 1979, Lee & Associates has reimagined the way that commercial real estate companies should be structured. Each Lee & Associates office is owned and operated by its professionals. As shareholders of the company, this separates us from our competition and creates one common goal; to provide seamless, consistent execution and value-driven market-to-market services to our clients.
To ensure that our clients always receive the highest level of expertise and service, we believe that continued education and training are key. In addition to our annual Lee Summit conference, each year we host both online and small group training sessions focusing on continued education for our brokerage, integrated services, marketing, IT, and administrative professionals. Lee & Associates is home to the 5th largest number of Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR) members in the world and is ranked in the top 10 Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designee companies in North America.
This position is being published in an effort to fill an opening. We are continuously building our nationally-recognized organization with a first-class team, and appreciate your interest in Lee & Associates.
POSITION & QUALIFICATIONS
Under the direction of the Controller, the Property Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day accounting functions required to produce monthly GAAP financial statements for properties. Accuracy and timeliness in the completion of the workload is required in this position. Strong communication skills, good work ethic, analytical thinking, a bachelor’s degree in accounting and at least 2-3 years of experience are required and experience in the real estate field is preferred.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Record monthly adjusting and accrual entries
- Update fixed asset system for additions and disposals and record monthly depreciation/amortization
- Monitor cash balances and recommend capital calls and distributions from/to investors
- Prepare monthly financial statement analysis according to GAAP with variance reporting
- Compile monthly financial statement package with required supporting documentation
- Distribute financials to lenders/owners
- Attend owner meetings, as necessary
- Assist in the annual audit and tax return preparation
- Assist in annual budget preparation
- Record tenant receipts against monthly charges
- Process monthly tenant billings and other miscellaneous billbacks
- Send monthly invoices/statements to tenants
- Review lease entries in Yardi
- Process payable invoices: review, code and acquire proper approvals
- Manage weekly cash flow spreadsheet to determine which payables are to be paid
- Record electronic payments
Additional duties will be assigned by management
|Job Category||Integrated Services|