Real Estate Property Accountant – Raleigh/Durham, NC
North Carolina, Raleigh-Durham
Posted 7 months ago
Real Estate Property Accountant to provide full scale accounting and reporting support for the property management team.
- Assist with annual budget preparation – compile key assumptions and capital budget information, maintain lease level budgeting for all tenants, review and coordinate the budget input into the accounting system.
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial reports – prepare monthly journal entries, financial statements and bank reconciliations.
- Support property managers in review and preparation of monthly variance reports.
- Accounts Receivable – post cash receipts, review and bill tenant recurring charges and billing adjustments.
- Accounts Payable – invoice coding and entry; ensure proper audit trail is in place.
- Review leases, leasing activity, and critical lease dates to ensure accurate billing.
- Enter new leases and amendments
- Prepare annual estimated operating expenses for tenant billing.
- Calculate management fees and construction management fees.
- Coordinate annual year-end reconciliation process – CAM, percentage rent, insurance utilities, sewer/trash, real estate taxes.
- Assist in all audits at the property.
- Vendor correspondence and account reconciliations when necessary.
- Reconcile tenant ledgers and resolve discrepancies when necessary.