Real Estate Transaction Coordinator – Toronto, ON
Join a Fast-Growing, Boutique Commercial Real Estate Brokerage as a Real Estate Transaction Coordinator!
Job Description – Real Estate Transaction Coordinator
Are you an experienced real estate professional looking to join a boutique commercial real estate brokerage? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that tests your ability to stay organized and disciplined? Are you able to communicate effectively between stakeholders, coordinate multiple ongoing transactions, and accurately report your work?
If so, then Lee & Associates Commercial Real Estate may be a great fit.
Start Date: Flexible/Immediate
Lee & Associates Toronto is looking to add a high-performing Real Estate Transaction Coordinator to its team.
The Real Estate Transaction Coordinator role will allow the right candidate to join a proven brand and rapidly-growing company with a collaborative culture, a supportive atmosphere, and a focus on learning, training, and mentorship.
Based in Mississauga, Lee & Associates Toronto fosters an entrepreneurial team environment for self-motivated professionals and provides them with the technology, data, and coaching that they need to succeed.
The ideal candidate for this role has extraordinary attention-to-detail, the ability to communicate effectively, and excellent organizational skills. They must have experience using transaction management software such as LoneWolf Transaction Desk, Dealius, or other, and be comfortable inputting, reviewing, and verifying documentation for transactions. They must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment where both confidentiality and professionalism are paramount.
The Real Estate Transaction Coordinator will work directly with the Managing Team and Broker of Record, and will liaise with Sales Representatives, Vendors, and Clients in order to effectively manage the real estate transaction processes.
This role is designed for a real estate professional with a strong desire to build or maintain a career in commercial real estate. Experience in coordinating real estate transactions and completing trade record sheets is a prerequisite. Education, and/or certifications in accounting and finance are a strong asset, but not required. Familiarity and experience with QuickBooks is an asset. Previous experience working in the commercial or residential real estate industry and a familiarity with RECO guidelines are strongly preferred.
- Manage and implement use of transaction management software, such as LoneWolf Transaction Desk, Dealius, or other;
- Review and verify commission input forms with supporting documentation such as ‘Commission Agreements’, ‘Listing Agreements’, ‘Agreement of Purchase and Sale’ and ‘Offer to Lease’;
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of leasing, sales, and consulting transaction information and input information into deal tracking/accounting system, such as Lone Wolf;
- Assisting the real estate team (agents) with deal closing process and funds disbursements to agents’ commission, co-operating brokerage payments, and rebates to clients;
- Input commission information and review commission splits;
- Complete deal file, which involves obtaining signatures and ensuring supporting documentation is received;
- Monitor Accounts Receivable and work with agents to collect deposits;
- Assist with month-end close, and quarterly audits;
- Assist with budgeting including gathering and data input of preliminary information;
- General office and other duties, including attendance at team meetings, timely filing of information (digital and hard copy), preparation of special reports as needed;
- Thorough understanding of how to prepare outgoing wire requisitions in a deal;
- Thorough understanding of the billing process – preparing pre-bills, proofreading accounts, preparing account letters and sending out invoices;
- Ability to open new files, close files and maintain file lists;
- Liaising with clients to obtain information and instructions;
- Liaise with the accounting, financing, legal, acquisition and executive teams on all areas of accounting, finance, legal and procurement functions.
- Typically, between 3 – 5 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study desirable or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience, knowledge and interest in the fundamentals of real estate is considered a definite asset;
- A basic understanding of agreements of purchase and sale, leases and lease terms is beneficial;
- 1-2 years of work experience required; experience in Real Estate industry considered an asset;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organization, skills;
- Experience using transaction management software, such as LoneWolf Transaction Desk, Dealius, or other;
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, strong Excel skills required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Organized and able to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team;
- Must be proactive with a keen sense of urgency;
- Experience with year-end audit working paper files with supporting schedules for RECO audit.
What Sets Us Apart?
Lee & Associates is the largest firm of its kind in North America. Our structure makes our culture unique and attracts like-minded entrepreneurs who leverage their expertise to spur innovation and help Lee & Associates sustain a competitive advantage. As owners of the company, this separates us apart from our competition and creates one common goal; to provide seamless, consistent execution and value-driven market-to-market services to our clients.
Every Lee office is owned and operated by real estate professionals and delivers world-class service to an array of regional, national and international clients–from small businesses and local investors to major corporate users and institutional investors. Our professionals combine the latest technology, resources, and market intelligence with their experience, expertise, and commitment to superior service to optimize your results. Since 1979, Lee & Associates has been attracting the best and brightest in the industry. Now a powerful international network of top professionals, the company enjoys its hard-earned reputation as a top-tier national commercial real estate services provider.
|Job Category||Brokerage, Operations & Staff, Transaction Management|