As a founding member and Principal of the Columbus Lee office, Mike is responsible for assisting clients in all aspects of real estate brokerage and development including site qualification, acquisition, zoning and governmental approvals, financing, third party brokerage, and coordination of preliminary design and construction cost estimating.
Mikes extensive experience in Tenant and Buyer Representation provides clients with a wide range of value added services including lease/own evaluations, strategic planning, Build To Suit consulting, real estate due diligence and negotiation, demographic and logistical studies, and valuation assessments.
Comprehensive knowledge and use of economic incentives including Community Reinvestment Areas, Foreign Trade and Enterprise Zones also greatly benefit his clients bottom line. Governmental and development department relationships at the state and local levels provide instant access to the economic development programs of greatest benefit to his clients.
Mikes guiding principle: Minimize client occupancy costs, Maximize project value.
Career History / Professional Recognition
Mike has over twenty years of experience in commercial/industrial real estate brokerage, development, and construction. His clientele include developers, institutional property owners, investors, owner/occupants, and tenants. Mike takes tremendous pride in providing his clients with an unsurpassed work ethic and passion for the real estate industry, delivering the highest possible levels of white glove customer service and outstanding representation.
Mike has consistently been a top producer, being involved in real estate transactions totaling over $500 million, focusing primarily on commercial and industrial properties, supply chains/logistics, and development sites. He has also been instrumental in the development, financing, sale, and leasing of the Gateway Business Park, a 343 acre, tax abated commercial and industrial business park in southern Columbus.
- Largest Industrial Lease Transaction – Columbus (1998, 2007)
- 2nd Largest Industrial Lease Transaction – United States (2007)
- CoStar Annual Industrial Power Broker
- Xceligent Industrial Advisory Board
- Prologis National Broker Update (2010)
Westminster College, New Wilmington, Pennsylvania
Bachelor of Arts – Finance
The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
Continuing Education – Real Estate Law, Logistics, Marketing
- Licensed Real Estate Broker and Sales Agent – Ohio
- Society of Industrial & Office Realtors (SIOR)
- Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP)
- National, Ohio, & Columbus Association of Realtors
- Lee Supply Chain / Logistics and Tenant Advisory Groups
- Kellogg’s 1,150,000 SF Build To Suit Lease
- Toys R Us 1,094,000 SF Lease
- COTY Inc 524,000 SF Lease
- DHL Solutions 337,000 SF Lease