Jodi Shoemake, a founding partner of Lee & Associates - Pasadena is a commercial real estate broker with a background in real estate appraisal and commercial property portfolio valuations. This unique experience sets Jodi apart from other commercial brokers in representing clients on potential development projects as she is able to view any upgrades from the perspective of an appraiser. Jodi has particular expertise in code enforcement, zoning laws and city and state ordinances as it relates to development of real estate. She is an asset to landlords in brokering deals for the leasing and sale of commercial properties: retail, mixed-use and creative office space in the Tri - Cities (Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena) and South Pasadena. She also represents regional and national retail tenants throughout Los Angeles County on lease negotiations and site selection.
Ms. Shoemake began her real estate career as a licensed appraiser and transitioned to brokerage in 2006 where she was fortunate to work with one of CBRE's most successful and dynamic industrial teams and served on the company's Urban Retail team in their Downtown Los Angeles corporate office. There, she specialized in landlord and tenant representation of retail space during the early stages of Downtown LA's revitalization period. Formerly with NAI, where she was Vice President, Ms. Shoemake served as consultant in 2015-2017 to the City of Arcadia's Economic Development Department helping to build a more proactive and ongoing business engagement and position its commercial districts for maximum success and economic growth. She currently serves on a marketing committee for the Old Pasadena Management District (OPMD) and heads the Retail Division for Lee & Associates - Pasadena.
SIGNIFICANT TRANSACTIONS & ASSIGNMENTS
- Brunswick Court Building - 10,755 SF Sale and Lease - 32 W. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena
- Doheny Famliy Trust - 12,643 SF Lease - 464 West Woodbury, Altadena
- City of Arcadia Economic Development Services Dept., Consultant 2015-2017
- Globe Properties - Repositioning of the Highlander Shopping Center in Arcadia
- Excess Space, Inc. - Portfolio Disposition for Staples, CVS & Best Buy, 2012-2017
- EnviroFinance Group - Development, Lease and Sale of the 43,000 SF Arroyo Gateway Business Park. South Pasadena
- FMI - 24,000 SF Sale and Lease, 50 S. De Lacey, Pasadena
REAL ESTATE EXPERIENCE
- 2018 to present: Lee & Associates, Pasadena Inc. — Founding Principal
- 2012 to 2018: NAI Capital, Inc. — Vice President
- 2009 to 2012: CBRE, Downtown Los Angeles, Urban Retail — Associate & Team Lead
- 2006 to 2009: CBRE, Universal City — Client Services Specialist
- 1999 to 2006: California Licensed Appraiser
EDUCATION / AFFILIATIONS
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- NAI Capital Awards: Most Intra-Office Deals of the Year – 2013, 2014 & 2015
- Recipient of the NAI Capital Club Award – 2016
- Fort Lewis College, Durango, Colorado
|SELECT CLIENT LIST
|Doheny Family Trust
|Pic N Save Bargains
|EFG Finance Group
|City of Arcadia
|Mason’s of California
|United Real Estate
|Essex Property Trust
|Pasadena Humane Society
|Excess Space Retail Services Inc.
|Catellus Development Corp.
|The Perfect Bite, Co.
|Wateria Globe Properties