David Chen of Lee & Associates - Pasadena currently manages leasing in over 20 commercial properties across Southern California. He also represents many high-profile regional retail tenants, local developers as well as local and international buyers. In 2018 he received the “Top 10” Broker Award from Sperry Commercial Global Affiliates as the #7 Broker nationally.
CAREER SUMMARY/ PROFESSIONAL RECOGNITION
David began his career in commercial real estate in New York where he was the project manager for the 443 Greenwich Street project. He managed all phases of the $350 million, 280,000 SF mixed-use Manhattan development.
After graduate school, David became a real estate advisor at Alvarez & Marsal in San Francisco. David advised private equity real estate firms, REITs, real estate operating companies, developers, and multi-national corporations all over the world.
Transferring to the Los Angeles market in 2013, David became the Real Estate Manager for the west coast real estate operations of Pure Barre, a national gym chain, before transitioning to brokerage.
Notable Recent Transactions Include:
- 1721 W Garvey Ave, Alhambra
- 2120 S Fremont Ave, Alhambra
- 2350 W Valley Blvd, Alhambra
- 101 S First Ave, Arcadia
- 100 W Foothill Blvd, Azusa
- 351 S Atlantic Blvd, East Los Angeles
- 4639 W Century Blvd, Inglewood
- 6005 S Figueroa St, Los Angeles
- 930 W Duarte Rd, Monrovia
- 7500 Lankershim Blvd, North Hollywood
- 300 N Allen Ave, Pasadena
- 2385 E Colorado Blvd, Pasadena
- 901 E Del Mar Blvd, Pasadena
- 150 S San Gabriel Blvd, San Gabriel
- 5570 Rosemead Blvd, Temple City
- 330 N Lemon Ave, Walnut
- 301 S Glendora Ave, West Covina
- 8981 W Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood
- 600 W Pacific Coast Highway, Wilmington
- 2022 to Present — Lee & Associates, Inc. - Pasadena, Principal
- 2016 to 2022 — Sperry Commercial Global Affiliates - Pasadena, Managing Principal
- 2016 to 2016 — Keller Williams Commercial – Alhambra, Director of Commercial Real Estate
- 2014 to 2016 — MacVaugh & Co. – Pasadena, Commercial Broker
- 2013 to 2013 — Pure Barre – Los Angeles, Real Estate Manager
- 2011 to 2013 — Alvarez & Marsal – San Francisco, Manager
- UCLA, Bachelor of Arts, Economics with Minor in East Asian Languages and Cultures
- University of Southern California, Master of Business Administration
- University of Southern California, Master of Real Estate Development
He is also fluent in Mandarin Chinese and teaches Commercial Real Estate course regularly at the Arcadia Association of Realtors and the West San Gabriel Valley Association of Realtors. He is past President of AREAA Greater Los Angeles and Past President for CCIM Los Angeles. He has also served as a board member for AREAA GLA, CCIM LA and the Arcadia Association of Realtors for several years.