MEET OUR TEAM
T: 760.346.2520 | F: 760.346-2502
Maggie Montez is a founder of the Lee & Associates Palm Desert office. Maggie represents special servicers, lender/owners, along with prominent office and retail landlords, including Laurich Properties, CW Capital and Prudential. A Coachella Valley resident since 1988, Maggie has been an active commercial real estate agent brokering land, retail, office and investment transactions from Palm Springs to Coachella. She opened the Indian Wells office of CBRE in December 1995, and opened Lee & Associates – Palm Desert in March 2012.
Recent properties sold include:
- Former Mimi’s Cafe, Rancho Mirage
- Maserati Auto site, Rancho Mirage
- Corktree Restaurant Building, Palm Desert
- La Quinta Office Park, La Quinta
MAJOR CENTER REPRRESENTATION INCLUDES
- Desert Crossing, Palm Desert Power Center anchored by Target, Marshall’s, Bed Bath & Beyond. Recent additions include Total Wine and The Guitar Center and Jersey Mike’s.
- The Village at Indian Wells anchored by Ralph’s and CVS.
- Cathedral City Marketplace anchored by Food 4 Less
- Golden Mile anchored by Cardenas and CVS
- Country Club Village Anchored by Albertson’s
- Komar Center anchored by Costco
- The Palms – Walmart anchored center
- Desert Gateway anchored by Walmart, Sam’s Club
- Palms to Pines, Palm Desert
- Plaza La Quinta anchored by Von’s
- ICSC; Western Division
- Graduate Hood College, Frederick, MD.
- 2014 Broker’s License
T: 760.346.2533 | F: 760.346.2502
Shawna Strange is a Vice President with Lee & Associates in Palm Desert. Shawna specializes in retail leasing and has represented numerous prominent landlords, developers and tenants, including JPMorgan Chase Bank, MIG Real Estate and Prudential.
Shawna began her career in 2005 at CBRE assisting Maggie Montez, a Senior Vice President and was promoted into brokerage in 2007. In 2012, she joined the new Lee & Associates – Desert Cities office and has been responsible for the leasing of major properties throughout the Coachella Valley.
- Desert Crossing, power center in Palm Desert, CA anchored by Target, Best Buy, Marshalls, TJ Maxx and Total Wine
- The Palms, a ground up power center in North Indio, CA anchored by Walmart
- Komar Desert Center, Costco anchored center in La Quinta, CA
- Country Club Village, neighborhood center in Rancho Mirage, CA
- Plaza La Quinta, Vons anchored center in La Quinta, CA
- ICSC; Western Division
- Desert Area Commercial Information Exchange (DACIE)
- Rookie of the Year – Inland Empire Region – CBRE – 2008
- California State University, San Bernardino; Bachelor of Science, Finance
- Ronald McDonald House Charities – Desert Advisory Board Member
T: 760.346.2522 | F: 760.346.2502
Milburn Stevens is an Associate with Lee & Associates in Palm Desert. Milburn specializes in the sales of multi-family properties along with office and retail leasing.
Milburn began his commercial real estate career in 1999 and has focused on the Coachella Valley for the last 17 years. Milburn’s extensive knowledge of the area along with the other Lee & associates professionals, make for a powerful team in the Coachella Valley.
- River’s Edge Office Park, Rancho Mirage, CA
- The Village at University Park, Palm Desert, CA
- Sales of apartment buildings throughout the Coachella Valley
- Sale of Latitude 33 – 121 unit apartment building
- Sale of 12 unit apartment building in Palm Desert
- City of Cathedral City
- City of Coachella
- City of Palm Desert
- Cokeley Development
- Enterprise Equities
- Evans Company
- JJ Ferrigno
- Village Investments
- Metropolitan Management & City Center Real Estate
- Steadfast Properties
- Outstanding Achievement Award – Wilson Johnson Commercial
- Prospector of the Year Award – Sperry Van Ness
- Board Member – Fellowship Of Christian Athletes
- United States International University San Diego, California
- Pre Law
- Basketball Scholarship
Dave Rapp is the President of the Lee & Associates Property Management Division in Palm Desert. Dave currently oversees the professional management of over 250,000 square feet of commercial office, professional associations, industrial, and retail properties in the Coachella Valley.
Prior to joining Lee & Associates in late 2015, Dave established and grew his own property management company in the Coachella Valley. Previous property management experience includes managing a nationwide portfolio of commercial properties from Rancho Mirage, CA and overseeing the professional management of local properties within the Coachella Valley. With over a decade of experience in managing commercial properties, Dave has established a wide network of vendors and professionals in the Coachella Valley to assist with the task of responding to the daily needs of active professional projects while maintaining them in a professional manner.
Dave moved to the Coachella Valley in 2004 from the Suburban Chicago area, where he managed an Inventory Management group and established an on demand digital print & distribution program for Standard Register. The move to the desert was inspired by a very cold Chicago winter and a desire to be closer to his wife Tiffany’s family.
- The Rancho Mirage Professional Plaza
- The Indio Medical Building
- Willow Vista Office Park
- Iowa State University, Ames, IA – Bachelor of Science Degree – College of Business with a Major in Transportation Logistics
- Ronald McDonald House Charities – Desert Advisory Board Member
Senior Vice President
T: 760.346.2577 | C:760.702.7373 | F: 760.346-2502
Prior to joining Lee & Associates in July 2015, Barney spent the previous 8 years with Baxley Properties in Palm Desert, CA and the preceding twenty-five years with Cushman & Wakefield, Inc., based in San Francisco, serving as a broker and in leadership positions including Executive Vice President and head of U.S. Industrial Brokerage, and Executive Vice President and head of Global Corporate Services. He was a member of the company’s Board of Directors, Executive Committee and Global Management Committee.
Since moving to the desert, Barney has established a position of market leadership in providing brokerage services to Coachella Valley Industrial and Office Landlords, Tenants, Investors and Developers. A partial list of successfully completed transactions includes:
- 47,880 sq. ft. industrial building sale- 19531 McLane St., Palm Springs
- 34,200 sq. ft. industrial building lease- 19533 McLane St. Palm Springs
- 48,363 sq. ft. industrial buildings (8 leases) – Madison Street Business Center, Indio.
- 48,363 sq. ft. industrial buildings investment sale (8 bldgs.)- Madison Street Business Center, Indio.
- 29,062 sq. ft. industrial building lease- 63665 19th, Palm Springs
- 25,439 sq. ft. industrial building lease- 82611 Fleming Way, Indio.
- 8,357 sq. ft. office lease- 36919 Cook St. Palm Desert
- 8,493 sq. ft. office lease- 75280 Hwy. 111, Indian Wells
- 5,013 sq. ft. office lease- One El Paseo Plaza, Palm Desert
- 6,785 sq. ft. office lease- 36947- Cook Street, Palm Desert
- 5,500 sq. ft. office lease- 73771 Dinah Shore Drive, Palm Desert
Actively engaged in industrial and office real estate brokerage since 1970, Barney has extensive experience representing a broad spectrum of corporate, institutional and private investor clients with new site or facility acquisition, surplus property disposal, land assemblage for development, new development project marketing, financing and investment property sales.
Barney is a member of the Socity of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR) and has served as President of the Northern California Chapter. As a member of the Urban Land Institute (ULI), he has served on the Industrial and Office Park, and Corporate Real Estate Councils. As a member of CoreNet Global and its predecessor, the International Development Research Council (IDRC), he served on the Research Foundation Board of Directors, as Co-Chair of the Leadership Development Committee and on the Financial Review Board. In addition, he served as member of the Board on Certification for Corporate Real Estate (BCCR) Board of Directors.
- University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign
Bachelor of Science in Finance.
T: 760.346.2500 | F: 760.346.2502
Shalyn Sacks has been the Office Manager with Lee & Associates in Palm Desert and is now transfering into brokerage. Being a licensed Real Estate professional, Shalyn already assists with showing property, completing lease transactions, and coordinating Tenants.
Shalyn began her real estate career as a Client Services Specialist in 2007 at CBRE assisting Maggie Montez, a Senior Vice President. In 2012, she joined the new Lee & Associates – Palm Desert office and moved into the role of Office Manager.
- Administrative and marketing support to all Landlords and tenants
- Manages all listing services
- Implements marketing campaigns
- Organizes open houses and various broker events
California State University, Chico; BS Sociology, Minor in Human Resources Management
Nancy Terrell is the Marketing Services Coordinator of Lee & Associates Palm Desert. She provides direct support for all in-house marketing materials, e-mail campaigns, property brochures, signage and directs Lee Palm Desert’s web and social media presence.
CAREER SUMMARY & EXPERIENCE
Nancy is a creative professional with over 10 years of experience in Graphic Design, Web Design and Marketing.
- 2013 to present: Marketing Coordinator, Lee & Associates Palm Desert
- 2009 to 2013: Freelance Graphics & Web Designer, Wink Design
- 2001 to 2009: Online Editor/Lead Designer/Marketing Support,
Time Warner Cable Palm Desert
- 1998 to 2000: Website Manager, Adams Business Media
- Oceanography/Mathematics, Humboldt State University
- Web/Graphic Design, California State University, Long Beach