Direct: 952.223.6720 Cell: 651.253.6395
Chris Garcia, Principal with Lee & Associates, has been a leader in the commercial and industrial industry for over 12 years. With his strong background and vast knowledge of the Twin Cities market place, Chris has grown an impressive portfolio of reputable clients. Chris graduated from New Mexico State University in 2001 with a Bachelor of Business Administration. He began his career at Northmarq (now Cushman & Wakefield) in 2002, where he was a lead leasing agent on a 750,000 square foot portfolio owned by Great Point Investors LLC. Chris left Northmarq in 2010 to establish his own brokerage firm, CGC Commercial. CGC specialized in industrial tenant representation, and through Chris’s marketing efforts the company grew to become a key player in the local and regional industrial brokerage market.
Some of his notable transactions include:
- 330,000 SF Walgreens- Rogers
- 450,000 SF Nilfisk Advance- Plymouth
- 100,000 SF Target- Brooklyn Park
- 100,000 SF ADS Group- Plymouth
- 750,000 SF Great Point Portfolio in Plymouth
Chris built CGC, now Lee & Associates, to be a successful business with a solid foundation.
- 2011 – 150,000 SF Leased/Sold
- 2012 – 300,000 SF Leased/Sold
- 2013 – 600,000 SF Leased/Sold
- 2014 – 800,000 SF Leased/Sold
As a current member of the Plymouth Rotary Club, and the Latino Economic Development Center, Chris remains active in the community. He also sits on the board for multiple organizations, including, the Midwest Minority Supplier Diversity Council, MNCAR, and the MNCAR Industrial Advisory Group.
Direct: 952.223.6721 Cell: 612.201.4498
Duane Poppe, Principal SIOR CCIM with Lee & Associates brings an impressive background of industrial sales, leasing, and real estate to the Twin Cities market. Prior to Lee & Associates, Duane was the Vice President with Transwestern’s Minneapolis office specializing in industrial sales and leasing within the North Metro of Minneapolis-St. Paul. Duane also spent nine years with Cassidy Turley where he headed the industrial Department, while playing an active role on the firm’s Corporate Services team and the Management Committee. In 2005 Duane was recognized with the Cassidy Turley Rising Star Award, Dorsey Circle of Excellence Award for production, and the MNCAR Rising Star of the Year. He has been named a CoStar Power Broker on several occasions, and consistently been a finalist for the MNCAR Transaction of the Year. He began his career as an investment executive with Piper Jaffray in 1995, after he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts Degree from Concordia College.
Duane also helps to improve his community through many leadership roles, most notably as the current Mayor and past City Council Official of the City of Osseo. He is also a member of the Osseo Economic Development Authority and the ISD Core Planning Team. Duane additionally finds time to lead the Osseo Maple Grove Hockey Association Hockey Team as head coach, as well as plan mission trips as trip leader for the Osseo Methodist Church Mission Commission.
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR)
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
- Minnesota Commercial Association of Realtors (MNCAR) current President, past Board Member, Sponsorship Committee, Market Research Contributor
- NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development Association (NAIOP)
- National Association of Realtors (NAR)
Noteworthy clients served include:
- AMB Corporation
- First Industrial Property
- Cobalt Capital Partners
- CORE Real Estate Holdings
- Johnson & Johnson
Direct: 952.955.6196 Cell: 612.701.7741
Jeff Minea, Principal with Lee & Associates, got his start in the commercial real estate business at Welsh Companies, where he worked for 22 years. He initially managed a large portfolio of office, industrial and retail properties and eventually transitioned to brokerage, where he quickly earned the position of vice president. Jeff has represented landlords in marketing industrial space for lease throughout the Twin Cities and played the leading role on several major business park listing assignments with square footage from 250,000 to 1,000,000+ of industrial space. Jeff also successfully lead the development and marketing of a 2-building multi-tenant industrial property (124,000 SF), managing all aspects of hiring, budgeting and design, all municipal approvals, construction, and progress payments. Jeff went on to serve as senior director with Cushman & Wakefield for five years, exclusively representing industrial, med-tech and office companies in their search and selection of property for lease and sale. With an emphasis on measurable results, Jeff reduced base rent for five clients in 2009 by 19.95% up to as much as 46.15%. He was a member of the team hired to market the former Delta Airlines headquarters office building, along with the development of the land.
Some of his notable transactions include:
- Plymouth Business Center 900,000 SF Business Park Lead role
- Plymouth Business Center 124,000 SF Lead Developer/Leasing
- Lund Industries, Anoka 331,000 SF/Sale
- Graybow Daniels 210,000 SF/Lease
- International Paper 128,000 SF/Lease
- Gyrus Medical 115,000 SF/Lease
- Schneiderman’s Furniture 106,000 SF/Lease
- Northcross Partners 38 Acre/Sale
Notable awards include:
- Voted Top 5– Twin Cities Industrial Brokers award, 2007
- Voted Top 5– Minneapolis Cushman & Wakefield producer, 2010
- 2 Years– Minnesota Commercial Assoc. of Realtors, Board of Directors
- 2x Expert Speaker– NAIOP Twin Cities Annual Industrial update
Direct: 952.223.6724 Cell: 612.239.4747
Kai Thomsen, Principal with Lee & Associates has represented landlords for more than 2 million square feet of space and has been involved in more than 200 transactions in the last six years. Prior to joining the Lee & Associates team, Kai was the Vice President at Cushman & Wakefield. He started there in 2005 when it was known as CTMT, and transitioned with the company through three mergers (Cassidy Turley, DTZ and Cushman & Wakefield). He specialized in office sales and leasing within the West Metro of Minneapolis-St. Paul, and in 2007, was named the Office Broker of the Year. Before his time with Cushman & Wakefield, Kai was an office broker with Welsh Companies for five years. Kai graduated from the University of Iowa, with a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics and an International Business Certificate.
Noteworthy clients served include:
- CW Capital
- GE Real Estate
- Vascular Solutions
- Dayhu Investments
- Swervo Development
- CIII Capital Partners
- Continental Property Group
- Buffalo Wild Wings Corporate Headquarters
- US Energy Services: 30,561 SF
- RJF: 50,000 SF Northland Corporate Center
- Wayzata Executive Park: 101,716 SF
- Sale of Sycamore Plaza to Vascular Solutions
- Receivership of Boatworks Building in Wayzata, MN
- North Memorial Health Care, 43,000 SF
- Minnesota Commercial Association of Real Estate (MNCAR)
- NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- Largest Sale Completed, Minneapolis DTZ – 2012
- Triple Crown, Minneapolis DTZ – 2012, 2013
- President’s Club, Minneapolis DTZ – 2012, 2013
Direct: 952.373.4833 Cell: 312.758.1014
Lamar has a 12-year background in commercial real estate, representing tenants, landlords, and investors. He joined Lee & Associates Twin Cities in late 2016, and is focused on office leasing and tenant representation services, leveraging the Lee national platform to represent multi-market clients. Additionally, he represents owners/users in the acquisition and disposition of their real estate holdings.
Prior to joining Lee & Associates, Lamar was the founder and managing broker of Sett Properties, LLC, a brokerage and investment firm representing private companies, institutions, investors, and developers in the acquisition, disposition, and leasing of office and industrial real estate throughout Chicagoland. He also served as Director of Asset Management & Acquisitions for Tishman Speyer Properties where he collaborated on more than $1.6 billion of capital transactions, as well as Director of Acquisitions and Financial Planning for Riverview Realty Partners, where he was instrumental in completing $136.7 million in acquisitions totaling 1.3 million square feet. He also worked as a Financial Analyst/Assistant Director of Research for Cushman & Wakefield (f.k.a. Cassidy Turley) in Washington, D.C., where he collaborated on more than $750 million of investment sales and debt transactions.
• Master of Business Administration in Real Estate from University of Wisconsin-Madison, Wisconsin School of Business
• Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Cornell University, College of Arts and Sciences
• Licensed Real Estate Professional, State of Minnesota
• Licensed Real Estate Managing Broker, State of Illinois
• Market Representative, Wisconsin Real Estate Alumni Association
• Member, Minnesota Commercial Association of Realtors (MNCAR)
• Candidate, Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
• Licensed private pilot with the Federal Aviation Administration
• Avid musician and vocalist for charity events including City of Hope, Big Kids Rock, and Rebuilding Together
Direct: 952.392.7058 Cell: 651.890.9919
Ra’eesa Motala has been an Associate with Lee & Associates since its launch in 2016. Under the mentorship of Chris Garcia, Ra’eesa specializes in tenant representation, lease negotiations, acquisitions, dispositions and development.
Prior to Lee & Associates, Ra’eesa worked as a Business Manager with The Excelsior Group and later joined Chris’s team at CGC Commercial. During her time at The Excelsior Group, Ra’eesa developed a strong understanding of property management, acquisitions, business development, and strategic negotiations. Those skills were later applied to her role at CGC Commercial.
Ra’eesa graduated from the University of Minnesota in 2009 and later attended St. Matthews Medical School for two years before pursing a career in commercial real estate. She is currently an educator through Junior Achievement, an advocate for the Children’s Hospital, a member of Habitat for Humanity, and an ambassador for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Ra’eesa is also an active member of the Young Professionals of Minneapolis committee, 2020 Partners, and the North Loop Zoning and Development Committee. She holds her certification in Small Business Enterprise and Women in Business Enterprise.
Direct: 952.847.2490 Cell: 414.791.4466
Daniela Sobic is the Office Manager for Lee & Associates. She graduated from the University of Minnesota with a Bachelor of Science in 2014. While there, she was a member of the University of Minnesota’s Sport Management Association and active in intramurals. During this time, she also gained valuable experiences through multiple internships. As an athletic and facilities event coordinator, she planned and provided logistics/support for every home athletic event at Concordia University. Daniela continued in the athletic field as a promotional marketing intern for the St.Paul Saints baseball organization, and then a merchandising specialist for the Minnesota Vikings. With a solid marketing foundation, she went on to become a marketing & sales associate for GWG Holdings, Inc., a leader in the secondary market for life insurance. Daniela now manages the office and assists with marketing at Lee & Associates. In her spare time, she enjoys promoting products for other companies around the Twin Cities as a spokes/promo/print model, and competing in sand volleyball.