Assistant Property Manager
Lee Management Services is looking to add an Assistant Property Manager to our growing team of professionals.
In 2019, Lee & Associates had $15+ Billion in transaction volume, a 176% increase over the past five years. With over 1,300 professionals in more than 65 offices, Lee & Associates is the largest broker owned firm in North America.
Since 1979, Lee & Associates has reimagined the way that commercial real estate companies should be structured. Each Lee & Associates office is owned and operated by its professionals. As shareholders of the company, this separates us from our competition and creates one common goal; to provide seamless, consistent execution and value-driven market-to-market services to our clients.
To ensure that our clients always receive the highest level of expertise and service, we believe that continued education and training are key. In addition to our annual Lee Summit conference, each year we host both online and small group training sessions focusing on continued education for our brokerage, integrated services, marketing, IT, and administrative professionals. Lee & Associates is home to the 5th largest number of Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR) members in the world and is ranked in the top 10 Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designee companies in North America.
This position is being published in an effort to fill an opening. We are continuously building our nationally-recognized organization with a first-class team, and appreciate your interest in Lee & Associates.
To provide day-to-day operations management of the property while emphasizing positive response to concerns of tenants and increasing the value of the building.
Relationship to Other Positions
Reports to Senior Property Management
Supervises Property Management Staff
- Develop and maintain positive tenant relations
- Maintain ethical, professional, and courteous relations with contractors and tenants.
- Perform as a team member with all employees.
- Assist in directing property personnel.
- Provide for the administration of activities related to the physical operation of the property, including supervising contractors, but not limited to:
- Manage, provide information, and direct input of fiscal activities of the property including, but not limited to:
- on-site bookeeping
- operations analysis
- budget preparation and management
- Manage all aspects of lease administration, including, but not limited to:
- rent roll maintenance
- lease provisions compliance
- lease abstract
- Ensure all government, industry and company required programs are instituted and maintained within the property (i.e., ADA, IAQ, CFC).
- Direct and manage all emergency procedures including, but not limited to:
- establishing plans
- implementing practice
- monitoring equipment
- executing plan in live emergencies
- directing and assisting with evacuations, bomb searches and life safety alarms as deemed reasonable and prudent
- assisting emergency authorities and response teams in capacity of fire/life safety director
- Company with all company and regional policies.
- Develop, implement and maintain marketing strategy for both current and prospective tenants, including, but not limited to:
- responding to telephone and on-site inquiries
- guiding tour groups
- Provide support to development group, including, but not limited to:
- partner relations
- quality control during construction
- program development
- building start-up
- Represent Lee Management Services in selected business, community and industry organizations and groups.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by Senior Property Manager.
- Provide assistance to Controller as requested.
Essential Physical Requirements
- Meet the highest attendance and punctuality requirements.
- Visually inspect building, including the garage and tunnels.
- Climb up and down stairs and ladders for inspections and emergency procedure practice and implementation.
- Physically withstand long working hours.
- Detect emergency alarms – auditory and/or visual.
- Conduct cooling tower and roof inspections by gaining access through restrictive openings and ascending ladders or steps to the roof or tower well.
- Conduct window washing equipment inspections by examining rig.
- Use olfactory, auditory and visual senses.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Interact with employees, visitors, and contractors with poise and diplomacy.
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working atmosphere among staff
- Exchange ideas, information, and opinions with others to formulate policies and programs and/or arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions, or solutions.
- Maintain a calm demeanor in emergency situations.
- Apply principles of rational systems to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
- Compose business letters, expositions, summaries, and reports, using proper format, punctuation, grammar, diction and style.
- Speak before an audience with confidence, using correct English.
- Read and interpret newspapers, periodicals, journals, manuals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Compute discount, interest, profit and loss, commissions, escalations, ratios and proportion, and percentage.
- Calculate surfaces, volumes, weights and measures.
Integrate analyses of data to discover facts and/or develop knowledge concepts or interpretations.
Produce computerized spreadsheets.
Two-five years management experience with profit and loss responsibility.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Indoors – 95%
- Outdoors – 5%
|Job Category||Integrated Services, Property Management|