Position Summary: As Property Manager you will manage a portfolio of commercial properties throughout the Triangle region of North Carolina. You will work collaboratively with the SVP of Property Management to identify and resolve property level operational issues, oversee and train staff members, implement operating and capital budget plans, and assist in the development of strategic plans for the Property Management Department at large. You will build relationships with tenants, clients, and vendors to quickly solve problems as they arise and manage tenant and client satisfaction to ensure a high level of tenant retention. Above all you will do it with a high-level of integrity and professionalism keeping in alignment with Lee & Associates core values.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Respond to tenant needs and coordinate with staff to resolve problems.
• Anticipate and respond to owner’s needs and concerns.
• Provide and foster positive relationships with tenants, external clients, and internal clients
• Develop operating and capital budgets, track variances, oversee the completion of CAM reconciliations, and ensure a smooth recovery process.
• Review and distribute monthly and/or quarterly financial and expense variance reports.
• Maintain contact with third-party owners and accounting teams to ensure total contract compliance, including preparation of accurate and timely reporting.
• Review and approve all accounts payable, ensuring accurate general ledger coding and property allocations.
• Monitor accounts receivable and ensure the timely collection of rent in accordance with lease terms and coordinate default proceedings.
• Assist SVP of Property Management in supervising, hiring, and training of management and maintenance employees.
• Research, bid, and supervise contracts and third-party vendor services.
• Perform regular inspections of assigned portfolio, recommend and work alongside maintenance team and clients to resolve issues.
• Work in conjunction with maintenance team to assign employees to duties such as maintenance, repair, or renovation and obtains bids for additional work from outside contractors.
• Coordinate and oversee on behalf of clients, all tenant and building construction work to ensure timely and accurate completion.
• Respond quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
• After hours on call required on a rotating basis.
• Participate in leasing and client team meetings and ensure effective communication between leasing and property management team members to achieve client’s goals and objectives.
• Produce well-written reports, business correspondence, and SOP manuals.
• Effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, tenants, coworkers, vendors, and the general public.
• Read, analyze, and interpret legal documents (lease documents, claims of lien, etc.).
• Ability to analyze, interpret and explain financial statements and calculate dollar and percentage variances.
• Skills to forecast and prepare annual budgets and expense reconciliations.
• Ability to effectively manage a team of professionals, including both employees and vendors.
• Yardi experience preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally need to move from floor to floor, ascend/descend stairs, and may be required to travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions. The employee may also be regularly required to remain in a stationary position (sit or stand) for 75% of the time. This position frequently communicates with clients, tenants, vendors, and coworkers and accurate exchange of information in these situations is important.
|Job Category||Integrated Services, Property Management|