Research Analyst – Chesapeake Region, MD
Lee & Associates is a national commercial real estate brokerage group.
The Company’s market leadership is founded on the ability of Lee & Associates’ people to understand, select and deliver these services for the maximum benefit of clients. We are committed to providing capabilities and services that are clearly and consistently the best, as judged by our clients.
Lee & Associates is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, and as such, we hire the most talented professionals and invest in superior resources and technologies. The talent of our extraordinary people and the culture and business approach we foster, coupled with the exceptional, creative services we provide and the results we deliver worldwide for owners, occupiers, and investors are what distinguishes Lee & Associates.
For more information: www.lee-associates.com
The research analyst position will contribute to best in class research that differentiates the company and builds and maintains a competitive advantage in the marketplace through market expertise, analysis, and insight. The analyst will have primary responsibility for tracking and analyzing all aspects of Maryland’s commercial RE markets (primarily Industrial) and leveraging that knowledge proactively for research products, client projects, and business development efforts
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Gain knowledge and experience in commercial real estate by performing individual and team related assignments
- Provide an advanced level of research support in ensuring data integrity
- To support the Research function on a local basis for the State of Maryland
- Provide internal clientele with statistical information on commercial properties
- Assist with maintaining database(s)
- Gain knowledge from other Lee Offices on their research positions on how to improve reports and related responsibilities
- Understand and analyze real estate concepts including leases, ownership, and development
- Create and edit marketing materials for external and internal purposes, often under limited time constraints
- Assist brokers in projects/proposals they may be working on
- Update and build database as needed throughout
- Occasionally assist with cold calling and prospecting
- Create lease and sale comparable library for brokers and provide reports as
- Monitor market economic indicators
- Conduct research on companies
- Basic understanding of commercial real estate fundamentals with a willingness to learn more
- Writing and analytical experience required
- Computer proficiency in MS Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to multi-task and prioritize efficiently
- Ability to work independently on assigned projects and within
- Proficiency in the proprietary database as to input and output
- Ability to efficiently perform tasks and demonstrate a high level of proficiency in all related software
Develop the Lee Research Position to one that provides pertinent market information consistently.